THE INSIDE SKINNY ON… 2017 Wedding Trends 2017!
Wedding season is officially here and, with the seacoast an increasingly popular destination for this special occasion, we’re giving a nod to the ever-growing industry.
Love Affair is a local wedding and event planning business that calls the beautiful COVE workspace “home”. Owner Leslie, and her team, share what’s trending in the wedding industry this season…
1. We planned a wedding last year for an editor of Vogue who selected blue and white china centerpieces for the tables. She was ahead of the curve, and now we’re seeing blue and white china everywhere!
2. Giant marquee letter lights create the most spectacular photo opportunities! The individual letters typically stand four feet tall and we especially love when couples spell out their initials or wedding hashtags. They are vintage yet modern, trendy yet carefree.
3. Petit wedding invitations are a fabulous way to save money and are so sweet! Minted.com provides a wonderful variety and almost all of their invitation suites come in the petit size.
4. Jewel-toned wild flowers, with lush greenery, are very popular right now. Full, loose, slightly-structured bouquets pair especially well with dark farm tables.
5. Clients are serving more family-style meals, rather than individual servings, because it makes them feel like they are eating at their family dinner table with their favorite people. Serving platters add a unique and personal touch as centerpieces to the dining tables!
Thank you Leslie and the Love Affair team for sharing the inside skinny on 2017 wedding trends with us!
*All photos c/o Love Affair’s Facebook page. Credit for each individual photo is available there.